Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ran When Parked

1977 Triumph Bonneville Tracker Project - Someone motivated with a shallower project queue than me should take this home. Cool parts and it seems like a fairly good deal.  This bike could be a real screamer. Seller is from Flathead Rob's birth place so I'm sure he could get the local's discount.

1977 Triumph T140v street tracker project. I started this project with fiberglass from Grand Prix glass and it is a XR750 seat and a Schell tank. I bought the tank with the inner and outer not yet assembled and modified the inner to fit the OIF frame and then sent it all back to Grand Prix to be assembled so it is a perfect fit to this frame. After taking a year to finally get my very expensive fiberglass back, I had lost interest in the project and it has just been sitting.

Brand new Marzocchi forks and billet triples from Captain Dirt in Spokane, I had sleeves machined to fit the triples to the Triumph frame. Vintage Grimeca brakes. Engine has about 9000 miles and is a good runner. I had robbed the clutch hub from it for another bike and have since got another hub but it need reassembled. I just set it together real quick for the picture, seat pad doesn't stick up like in the pic. All the engine parts are there including the Amal carbs. Includes a wrecked T140, minus engine, with a that is mostly complete for parts. Boxes of other parts. Pretty much everything is there to put it together. The last pic is of a bike with the same tank, seat and frame, This was my goal. Has a title. $2100 Will trade up or down for a BMW GS, Tiger XC or KTM Adv

No comments:

})();