Friday, January 2, 2015

The Plymouth Monster

The Old Motor has a nice story on the Plymouth Monster. I too have shared an interest in this behemoth since first seeing it in my older brother's Walter P Chrysler club magazine as a 2nd grader. Flathead Rob brought home a 1933 Plymouth (in multiple baskets) powered by the same straight 6 when he was 13 years old. The Old Motor post reminded me that I never did post the June 1950 CYCLE magazine article I later tracked down. It's crazy how much misinformation has been passed along about this bike over the years. I don't recall ever hearing about the Harry Miller tuning connection before. Being a huge Miller fan I sure hope that part is true.

1 comment:

Michael Breeding said...

Louis Fischer, in Southern california, now owns this bike and a lot of other period racing bikes. I think they are mostly drag bikes and specials like the Plymouth bike.
Michael Breeding

})();