Saturday, July 12, 2014

Danny Macaskill - Industrial Revolutions

If I could ride a bike like anyone my choice would be someone like Danny Macaskill rather than even say Bob Hannah, Jeremy McGrath, Kenny Roberts or Valentino Rossi. I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 years old yet if you totaled all the hours I spent on a bike vs a motorcycle I'm quite sure I've still spent more time on a bike. I absolutely lived on BMX bikes as a kid.



Somewhat ironically Stu Thomsen is mentioned in the opening credits of Danny's video. Like almost every BMX obsessed guy my age I really looked up to Stu. I remember the Stu Thomsen - Greg Hill rivalry but knew zero about the back story mentioned in this video. Pretty fascinating.  Funny to see Jessie James in the Stu documentary. It never ceases to amaze me how many custom motorcycle people have BMX backgrounds.

No comments:

})();